Thursday, March 6, 2014
If you have been hiding under a rock, then I will have to explain to you that Mountain Sounds Festival takes place NEXT WEEKEND on March 15 and Mt. Penang Parklands!
This is like the ultimate outdoor house party that you could have ever dreamed while sipping your cruisers planning a big night out on the town. This will be the party to end all parties and if you haven't already bought your ticket yet- then what are you waiting for?
CLICK HERE FOR FACEBOOK DETAILS
HERE ARE SOME REASONS WHY MOUNTAIN SOUNDS FESTIVAL WILL BE BULLSHIT GOOD:
1. There is a stage called 'CLUB MOD'. Fuck off mate. This will be where you can check your spines at the door as you slowly morph into Alex Mack and slip and slide around the wet and wild conditions of this stage. Prepare to get weird.
2. Its only $89. Thats not even a pair of Lee Jeans which end up fraying on you anyway. That is literally 4.25 packs of ciggies if you buy them from the petrol station. $89 is like a meal at the cowrie. An entree, probably- I don't know, Ive never eaten there as I have been to poor. BUT GUESS WHAT! I am unemployed and I am still not poor enough to miss out on Mountain Sounds Festival.
MOUNTAIN SOUNDS FESTIVAL WEBSITE
3. It is located in our home town. THE CENNY COAST M8! When do we ever have anything happening here ever? Let alone something as fucking amazing as this festival. YOU CAN EVEN BRING YOUR OWN COUCH. What? Get your pointer fingers off their lazy chip snacking asses and make them click their way onto Ticketbooth to nail down one of those tix.
4. Chances are, some of your mates are actually playing. Be a mate. Grab a ticket and show some support for the guy who has most likely spotted you a scooie at one time or another. The festival boasts some of the freshest acts out there at the moment, and they are all home grown.
5. What a way to spend a weekend. The silly season is well and truly over, admit it. I know we are all clutching at "the cheapest bottle of plonk on your menu please", so why not have one last hurrah before getting stuck into 2014? Mountain Sounds Festival is the ultimate post summer cure. Did I mention it is meant to be 29 degrees and sunny that day? I just don't think sitting at home watching season after season of Grey Anatomy is going to cut it on the 15th. I just dont.
So go on.
Stop putting this shit off.
Get yourself a ticket to Mountain Sounds Festival RIGHT NOW.
Because according to my sources, tickets are almost sold out.
GET TICKETS HERE!!!
Monday, March 3, 2014
I remember the first time I heard Washington's voice. It was at the tail end of a Spicks and Specks episode that I just happened to flick onto on my nightly remote surf.
What I heard was enough to stop anyone in their tracks. It was like the first time I heard The Beatles.
She has the voice of an angel who is making giant cupcakes on a fairy floss cloud of emotions. She is a stunning vocalist and talented performer, and here is her new track 'Who Are You'.
It is filled with strumming acoustics and choral vocals, set to whisk you away into the heavens with its innocence, charm, and gentle vibes.
Find more about Megan Washington HERE