I used to love this man back in the impressionable teenage years, but I spotted one particular post that knocked my socks off and I had to share it with you:
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
25 things I know about Jack Lewis.
1. Jack Lewis is currently in Tokyo, Japan and has embarked on an overseas trip no doubt filled with decadence, debauchery and doin shit.
2. Jack Lewis coined the name "hog"
3. Jack Lewis has indulged in many musical events with me, but by far the best was Splendour in the Grass 2010.
4. He can grow an inordinate amount of facial hair.
5. He has a knack for Australian slang, but mostly with rhyming actions with people's names. E.G: Brad Pitt- Shit. Pat Malone- Alone. Craig Gower- shower.
6. He is extremely generous, especially when it comes to Wet Pussy.
7. He could be called the glue that holds quite a few people together.
8. He has known me for three years and counting.
9. His top teeth are an elusive and rare sight, much like the lochness monster. However, if you believe in them you will see them.
10. He introduced me to beer and a week before he left got me so fucked up drunk in the middle of the day I actually spewed at his mum's house.
11. He has impeccable style.
12. Always up for a dance. (or a click)
13. Jack Lewis has always been in the audience when I have belted out a tune at Karaoke. I dedicated '100% pure love' by Crystal Waters to him once.
14. When he was still on the coast, you could often see him standing shirtless, beer in hand on the hill at his old joint in Campbell Cres with his arms outstretched.
15. Ive seen him dressed up as a vampire before. And as Batman.
16. I have had countless beers, ciggies and cheers'es with him.
17. He thinks I am a dickhead most of the time, but tells me Im good at it.
18. If he ever refers to you as FML- consider yourself very lucky.
19. No matter how far apart for how long, it is like I have never left when talking to Jack Lewis.
20. one (or two) word(s): TYRESE. or JAMAL.
21. Has a keen eye behind a lens.
22. Has an even keener ear for classic tunes you forgot about, but now hold new meaning and are fresher than the day they came out back in 1980.
23. Always carrying a tote bag.
24. Will be missed by many until he returns 2 years older and probably with a swedish child under his arm.
25. Will be one of my best friends always.
So Kings of Leon have rescheduled their latest tour due to an injury their guitarist gained. and therefore the fans have lost out til early November.
I dont know if this is a rising trend amongst far away places like that land called Australia. Magical in all of its natural disasters and drunken holidays, yet lacking in the reliability of performances.
For instance, I remember finding out the day before (in Byron Bay Woolworths) that Jane's Addiction were no longer to be playing at Splendour in the Grass 2009 due to a leg injury.
Now whatever, you hurt your leg or your knee or maybe you just feel a little bit tired what with all the performances in trendy Tokyo. But if you can not be fucked to come out here on your first class 14 hour flight from LA then just say so.
It is the excuse heard around the world.
The sore body.
The overworked brain.
The sprained wrist from all the axe work.
I dont care.
Think back to your rocker fore fathers who would have broken their own arm trying to participate in a roadie vs rocker brawl in the name of boredom, but wrapped it with some chicks undies that were left on the tour bus from the night before, snorted a line of cocaine and carried on with what their job consists of.
Fucking shit up!
It seems that the bad ass exterior of the rock god has dwindled in the recent years, causing somewhat of a rift between the fans and the band.
I dont want to equate the reliability of these bands with the reliability of there not being some form of screaming schizo on the Central to Gosford countryrail train at every single departure.
What happened to the days of "the music" and not "the money". The rapid and frequent cancelling or rescheduling of concerts that people have waited months to see just paints a picture to me of a fraudulent nature.
It spells out the importance of an already overpaid profession's craving for cold hard cash.
Because surely if they cared about the fans, then a broken nail wouldnt put them off coming out to the people who keep a roof above their head and a philly cheese steak in their bellies.
It is the money, which I think we all know that spurs on art nowadays which I believe has caused it to become corrupted and blurred into a contemporary piece of shit.
Grow some balls like the Keiths and Micks of the past, snort your dad's ashes and chuck on the tightest pair of fuschia pants you have and play some decent music.
If not for your fans, then for fucks sake...your reputation!